In particular Caring Solutions (UK) ltd have extensive experience in undertaking independent investigations into mental health services over the last three years, this has included:
- In 2008 – 2009 the company successfully completed two independent investigations simultaneously for NHS Yorkshire and Humber
- In 2009 the company completed a 15 month project reviewing all of the outstanding legacy cases (41) for NHS North West and developing a methodology for the publication of the report and embedding of learning
- In 2008 the company completed a review of 40 homicide internal reports for NHS London and published a report of the thematic issues arising from these reports
- In 2009 the company completed a high profile serious untoward incident for Sussex Partnership Trust following the stabbing of a stranger by a service user
- In 2008 the company reviewed all of mental health unexpected deaths for NHS North East; published a thematic report and ran workshop with the NHS Trusts from which an action plan was developed
- In 2007 and 2008 reviewed two homicides for Cornwall Partnership Trust
The company was successful in applying to join a framework agreement in 2009 for NHS South West and NHS East Midlands and are currently conducting six mental health homicide independent investigations for these authorities.